AgriSkills is a European project, started in 2022 and funded by Erasmus+ Program. Our goal is to raise awareness about the digital transformation in agriculture and to provide a training program for entrepreneurial skills in digital, precision and smart farming.
Digital agriculture, smart and precision agriculture are important to improve the sustainability of the food industry. In the process of agricultural transformation, many technical, social, economic and practical issues arise with significant implications for how commercial agriculture and business are structured, practiced and managed.
The AgriSkills project aims to strengthen the sustainable development in rural areas at regional level in Europe contributing to turn the European rural area agriculture into a learning environment for entrepreneurial skills and innovation.
The results of the project will stimulate the awareness, knowledge, skills of learners and trainers in the field on the issues of digitalization and digital farming.
- Survey on the real needs in skills, knowledge and competence development, named “Entrepreneurial Skills for Digitalization of Agriculture in Rural areas”. Click here to view the analysis of our target groups’ needs.
- AgriSkills Training Program. The consortium will develop a training program organized like a “guided tour” through the whole range of digital opportunities in agriculture and introducing the needed skills and competences implemented into a complete training. We close a huge training gap. Our training program will be developed in English as well as in all languages of the partnership (German, Greek, Slovenian, Macedonian). It will be developed under Creative Common license.
- AgriSkills Reference Catalogue with collected good practices. AgriSkills will showcase many inspiring initiatives as practical examples, technologies and business models that can be applied in the practice.
- E-learning platform as a completely new training approach for digital farming topics for our target groups. It will be developed under Creative Common license in user-friendly manner in order to encourage its use and further exploitation.
- AgriSkills Training program can be used for amendments in existing curricula at universities, colleges and private or public VET providers, especially adopting the thus provided knowledge into other cultures and other languages.
- A dialogue between the experts in innovation and business development advisors as INI-Novation, CONNEXIONS and MEDF, VET providers as WIN and stakeholders as farmers in rural areas, regional agencies, food producers, SMEs, etc., which will be contacted during the project duration as participants on our Multiplier events and transnational meetings.
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. Project number: 2021-1-DE02-KA220-VET-000034651.